- 201676 - Design Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- San Diego
- $45 to $55.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Design Engineer for a contract opportunity in San Diego, CA.
Seeking an experienced power supply design engineer to support the design and manufacturing of Tracking, Telemetry, and Command products for airborne and space-based applications. The ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of analog circuit design with emphasis on DC-DC switched mode power supply design and development. This requirement includes fly back and feed forward DC-DC converter design capabilities with low (<10W) and high (<200W) DC input power requirements.
• Responsible for power supply circuit design, schematic capture, derating and Worst Case Analysis (WCA)
• Prepare and present engineering design concepts and data results for internal design reviews
• Conduct design verification testing of engineering units and provide oversight of design through production
• Experience with space-based hardware design
• Familiarity with design for EMI/EMC compliance
• Minimum 2 years of experience supporting design or production of electronic hardware
• Ability to troubleshoot electronic circuits to the component level
• Experience performing schematic capture and overseeing PCB layout
• Familiarity with power conversion circuitry principles and design techniques (switched mode design, fly-back, feed-forward topologies)
Accredited BS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent required and at least 4 years of years of industry experience OR: MS degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with at least 2 years of industry experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x271 or (800) 927-9318 x271
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.