- 201699 - Benchmarking/VAVE project engineer
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Benchmarking/VAVE Project Engineer in Plymouth, MI.
Responsible for specific engineering tasks or technical issues as assigned by manager to meet current and future needs for the VAVE and benchmarking group. Develops and provides solutions and technical investigations that support improved business knowledge, efficiency, or profitability through assigned Manager. Provides engineering support of the VAVE organization through assigned Manager.
Provides technical benchmarking leadership to VAVE support personnel. Provides Detailed evaluation information and potential solutions to resolve technical issues presented by OEM business teams. Actively supports Cost reduction (VAVE) organization timing and cost objectives are met. Elevates issues and concerns as appropriate. Capable of communicating effectively with the greater Adient organization, suppliers, and support personnel. Basic understanding of engineering fundamentals and follows BOS procedures as appropriate.
Specific Functions—Technical Responsibilities
1. Evaluate and analyze competitive and internal vehicle seating systems through disassembly of these systems, obtaining weights, dimensions, special features, function, and photographic documentation. Additionally, review and validates the integrity of team work for the above activities.
2. Develop BOM’s (Bill of Materials) for benchmarked or reverse engineered products additionally supports technical review and provides corrections to support team related to the above activity.
3. Data entry into a central global database and support communication of teardown status for global reporting. Validation and review of teams uploaded information for proper linkage to database
4. Maintain and Drive evolution of the benchmarking lab and methods. With concurrence from management.
5. Obtain and utilize Product BOM’s for Identification of components for improved labeling of showcased products.
6. Write/ review necessary reports and presentation materials related to benchmarking teardowns or reverse engineering activities.
7. Order equipment and supplies for maintenance of the benchmarking lab and function.
8. Technically supports Customer, internal and supplier workshops as requested by management.
9. Perform/ reviews reverse engineering evaluations of specific seat related components.
10. Uses the right tool/technology for providing technical input to the VAVE organization.
11. Executes other assignments as directed
Specific Functions—Administrative Responsibilities
knowledgeable use of Microsoft suites Primarily Power point and Excel
able to work with hand tools and electrical equipment
1. Maintains Display area show ready conditions and takes appropriate action needed to maintain this.
2. Provides technical expertise related to all data bases, systems and templated used by the group.
3. Provides marked up reviews of materials, presentations, and reports to support team
4. Works with Business units to Maintain accurate bill of materials through product data management system.
Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience
Required Years of Experience
Degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering
Desired Years of Experience
Photography as a Hobby or skill a Plus!
Working with your hands and Tools a Must
WORK HOURS: 7:00AM to 04:00PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.