- 201731 - Electronic Technician
- Colorado Springs
- Up to $27.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronics Technician for a contract opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
• This position will perform a variety of tasks ranging from evaluations, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment to production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and sub-assemblies such as cables and harnesses. A large portion of this position will be troubleshooting 1990 equipment with mixed technology.
• Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, diagnoses, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems.
• Works from schematics, engineering drawings, and written/verbal instructions.
• Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format.
• Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustment, modifications, and replacements as directed.
• Analyzes and evaluates products and related performance.
• Troubleshoots and diagnoses malfunctions to eliminate problem in minimum time.
• Installs, upgrades, and removes products ensuring coordinative engineering field change. Maintains effective customer communications and relations.
• Position requires the use of Programming EPROMS, Huntron Tracker, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Frequency Analyzers, Multimeters, Bit Error Test Set, Power Fixtures, and Test Fixtures
• Daily cable and harness techniques (wire cutting, stripping, cable prep and layup, connectorization, crimping, pinning, soldering, jacketing, braiding, molding, use of lacing tape and spot ties for open wire bundles, testing, etc.)
• Route and build Cat5e/Cat6 cables in a rack and test functionality
• Use customer schematics, drawings, parts list, wire run list, specifications, and assembly router for step-by-step instructions on how to manufacture the wire harness and cable assembly
• Make continuity checks on work-in-process and completed assemblies
• Conduct in-process inspections on product in accordance with quality specifications
• Work collaboratively with management team to correct and improve upon any documents related to the assembly process
• Document evaluations and repairs
• 2-4 yrs exp in evaluations, troubleshooting, and repairing electronic equipment down to component level on circuit card assemblies
• 2-4 yrs solder experience
• Proficient with the use of Programming EPROMS, Huntron Tracker, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators, Frequency Analyzers, Multimeters, Bit Error Test Set, Power Fixtures, and Test Fixtures
• 1-2 years’ experience with proper cable and harness assembly techniques (wire cutting, stripping, cable prep and layup, connectorization, crimping, pinning, soldering, jacketing, braiding, molding, use of lacing tape and spot ties for open wire bundles, testing, etc.)
• 1-2 years’ experience building Cat5e/Cat6 cables and able to route cables in rack
• 1-2 years’ experience with military type cable assemblies
• Displayed comprehension of assembly practices and technologies
• Familiarity with assembly tools, processes, and terminology
• Ability to distinguish colors
• Technical knowledge of electronics and mechanical designs
• Ability to read and understand the customer schematics, drawings, parts list, wire run list, specifications, and assembly router for step-by-step instructions on how to manufacture the wire harness and cable assembly
• Understanding of the application and functioning of test equipment
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Individual must be able to work at the pace necessary to meet customer demands with minimal supervision
• Understanding or experience with regulatory requirements and general safety
• Experience with prototype with Electronic Design and Prototype
• Previously IPC J-STD-001 and IPC/WHMA-A-620 certificated and experience working to these standards in previous job
• Self-motivated team player
• Ability to read and comprehend procedures written in English
• IPC J-STD-001 certified a plus
• IPC/WHMA-A-620 certified a plus
• IPC 7711/7721 certified a plus
• ANSI/TIA 568 experience a plus
• Lift up to 30 pounds.
Accredited Associates Degree in Electrical Eng and Tech.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.