- 201745 - Assembly Technician
- Up to $18.40 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Assembly Technician for a contract opportunity in Ogden, UT.
You will be responsible for the manufacturing, assembly, and/or packaging of BioProcess Containers in a clean room environment.
As a Production Technician, you will carry out the production process by closely following the Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instruction Documents and blueprints or drawings as they relate to assembly, materials handling, equipment operation, and finished goods packaging.
This position requires following cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practices) and working in a fast paced team environment.
• Following all safety requirements and cGMP requirements
• Following work instruction document, standard operating procedures and standard works
• Assembling product using specific written instructions, blueprints and drawings
• Record correct and accurate documentation in Production Control Documents
• Perform inspection of in-process and finished product
• Participate in PPI (Practical Process Improvements), Lean and Continuous Improvement activities including 5S activities
• Assist in training function of co-workers and mentoring
• Daily Schedule adherence
• 2 years production experience (preferred)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
• Good verbal/written communication
• Ability to follow complex procedures
• Adherence to Good Manufacturing Principles
• Ability to work in a team environment
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
• Ability to work in a fast paced controlled cleanroom environment up to 12 hours a day with additional overtime as required
o The Clean-room is controlled at greater than 30% humidity with a temperature between 60º and 70º
o The Clean-room has some ambient noise.
o Specific gowning is required including: gloves, hair & beard net and face cover, safety glasses with no makeup / jewelry, and the like.
o Position requires forceful gripping/grasping and repetitive motion including pushing and pulling
o Ability to use PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) and understand chemical hygiene including labels and SDS (Safety Data Sheets), common chemicals are disinfect, solvents and IPA (Isopropyl Alcohol 70% and 99%)
• Ability to stand and move about including reaching, bending, stooping, grasping
• Ability to use hand tools and equipment including forceful gripping, grasping, pushing, pulling and repetitive motion
• Ability to infrequently lift and manipulate up to 40 pounds unassisted
• High School Diploma or equivalent
WORK HOURS: Hours for this shift are Monday-Wednesday and every other Thursday 6pm – 6:15am.
1st week Friday, Saturday, and Sunday = 36 hours
2nd week Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday = 48 hours
12 hour shifts - 6:00pm to 6:15am
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.