- 201773 - Test Technician
- $24 to $31.00 DOE
- 3 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test Technician for a contract opportunity in Ayer, MA.
Under limited supervision conducts evaluation, diagnostic, integration and final acceptance testing of surface ship and sub-surface vessel electronic equipment using established procedures. Troubleshoots problems to component level. Utilizes general testing equipment, which includes but is not limited to, oscilloscopes, digital multimeters, AC/DC clamp on ammeters, HI Pot testers, LCR meters, Automated Test Equipment, and custom-made test fixtures and test consoles. In the absence of established procedures, confers with Lead Test Technician, Supervisor Engineering Test – Mfg., or Sustaining Engineer. Properly documents all test findings as required and directed by departmental procedures.
• Tests and troubleshoots complex Printed Wiring Assemblies, Subassemblies, Modules and Systems using Functional Test Procedures, Individual Acceptance Test Procedures, Technical Repair Standard Procedures, Quality Test Instructions, Return Acceptance Test Procedures, and Factory Acceptance Test Procedures.
• Performs Factory Acceptance Test of completed systems using Quality Test Instructions and Factory Acceptance Test Procedures.
• Identifies non-conforming material and initiates Material Discrepancy Reports.
• Programs and verifies programmable integrated circuits using approved procedures and Quality Assurance software.
• Identifies and initiates changes to test documents.
• Documents information for failure analysis and reporting using the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System and Failure Analysis Reports.
• As required, supports Engineering for First Article testing and Qualification testing.
• As directed by management, tests and troubleshoots test equipment and custom-made Test Fixtures and Test Sets using available documentation.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must be able to read, understand and accurately follow Engineering Orders, Quality procedures, Test procedures, and operating instructions.
• Must have a good working knowledge of basic analog and digital components and circuitry.
• Must be able to correctly analyze and interpret drawings, schematics, wiring diagrams, and specifications.
• Must be able to correctly document specific details of each test failure encountered, as well as document and update daily status of each assigned repair.
• Must be adept at utilization and operation of general electronic test equipment.
• Must have the ability to troubleshoot product down to the failing sub assembly and or component on PCB assemblies.
• Must be able to work well with interdepartmental personnel.
• Must be self-motivated and have the ability to handle and complete multiple tasks within defined time limitations.
• Must have a working knowledge of computers.
• A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office is a plus.
Accredited High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience or associate degree (A. A.) desired from two-year College or technical school or military service experience with a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
06:00AM-03:30PM ( Monday-Friday)
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x332 or (800) 927-9318 x332
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.