- 201842 - Fabrication Specialist
- SC-South Carolina
- North Charleston
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking 30 (thirty) Fabrication Specialists for a contract opportunity in North Charleston, SC.
Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending and fabrication tasks. Performs composite lay-up, fabrication and assembly tasks. Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components. Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various power plants and drive trains. Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products. Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products. Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests. Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation. Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements. Works on articles of limited complexity following established drawings and requirements.
• Ability to select correct parts, materials, tools, assemblies, standards, hardware, etc. install, fit, fasten, align, adjust and perform the necessary pre-installation assembly work to accomplish the installation of structural components requiring the use of production and engineering prints to determine exact locations.
• Report job constraints such as: errors caused by workmanship, defects in parts, materials, assembly procedures, tools, sequences, etc., in accordance with Boeing procedures.
• Perform any repairs, rework, functional checks and the incorporation of authorized changes, etc., as outlined by Lead. Remove and/or replace installed components and any related parts.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, drawings, schematics, engineering dispositions and instructions. Be safety conscious; employ the use of safety glasses, safety harnesses, respirators, boot socks, and other pertinent safety equipment 100% of the time.
• Exhibit exemplary housekeeping and Foreign Object Debris (FOD) standards. Maintain clean, neat, organized and FOD free work area.
• Possess understanding and knowledge of basic computer systems and programs. Ability stand for long periods of time, and work in elevated and/or confined spaces as required.
• Carry out mechanical and cosmetic reworks of non-conformities, adjustments, replacements, and calibrations on galleys, lavatories, stowages, first and business class seats, hydraulic systems, fiber optic systems, and aircraft doors
• Install, file, sand, paint, etc. decorative laminate ("declam")
• Correspond with suppliers and customers in a polite and professional manner
MUST HAVE Aerospace systems experience on waste and portable water systems, hydraulic, ICS, PECS, duct installation.
Accredited High School Diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be able to work variable shifts, 1st 2nd or 3rd. Training will be 1st shift.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.