- 201923 - Junior Contracts Administrator
- CA-Central California
- San Leandro
- $25 to $35.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Junior Contracts Administrator for a contract opportunity in San Leandro, CA.
This position requires managing quotation issuance, contract administration to ensure contract execution in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications. This person will contractually manage the Flash X-Ray, E-Beam Sterilization, and Nuclear Effects Testing lines of business. This chosen candidate will solve problems of limited scope and complexity and work is closely supervised. Assignments include following detailed, specific instructions, and contacts are primarily with the Commercial Products Team, other Contracts personnel, and the immediate supervisor. The ideal individual desires a position with growth potential, is a quick learner, very organized, and can communicate clearly and effectively. This is an entry-level position into the field of Contracts Management, however, it requires self-motivation, organization, customer (internal and external) service skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.• Contractual management of the Commercial Products business area is the primary assignment.
• Management of contracts through the full lifecycle includes contract formation, execution, modification, product delivery, and invoicing. This position includes continual execution of administrative and data entry tasks, in addition to interfacing directly with customers and the internal Team.
• Acts as an agent of the company by interfacing directly with Commercial and Government customers.
• Supports the Commercial Products line of business by preparation and submittal of quotations in response to customer requests.
• Minimal negotiation required with customers.
• Reviews and analyzes all contractual documentation to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and corporate guidance.
• Issues contract related documents and prepares shipping documents in accordance with contractual, legal, and corporate requirements.
• Provides real-time updates to Program Management in all contractual matters, by updating logs and documents for distribution, in addition to participating in meetings.
2 years of Contracts Administraton
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Deadline oriented work ethic, and the ability to work successfully under pressure.
Ability to work successfully within a team and strong collaborative skills.
Ability to multi-task continually.
Expertise in the use of MS Word and Excel.
Experience with Government or Commercial contracts is required, however it is preferred.
Physical Abilities: Use of hands, arms, and fingers to operate computer and telephone.
Talk and hear to operate telephone and interact with other employees.
Close vision and ability to shift focus to use computer.
Accredited Bachelor’s degree plus 1 year or more of experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x261 or (877) 244-5418 x261
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.