- 201930 - Mechanical Engineer III
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $60.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Mechanical Engineer III for a contract opportunity in Anaheim, CA.
Under general supervision, the Mechanical Engineer III is responsible for the mechanical layout and packaging of power conversion equipment and other Navy based electronic systems. This person generates equipment layouts that satisfy system requirements and account for tradeoffs among thermal, mass properties, structural and manufacturing considerations.
1. Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for mechanical designs.
2. Develop detailed fabrication and assembly drawings and perform tolerance analyses.
3. Create mechanical layouts and drawings using Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD.
4. Perform static and dynamic structural analysis using finite element analysis tools.
5. Provide Thermal Management Systems (TMS) simulation and analysis for military and commercial electronic power conversion systems
6. Perform structural and/or thermal system optimizations.
7. Reconcile test results with predicted airflow and thermal data.
8. Develop technical content for analysis and design reports.
9. Support fellow Mechanical Engineers and Drafters on overflow design, analysis, and/or drawing activities.
10. Generate engineering design change orders and perform checking work.
11. Responsible for project budget/schedule adherence.
12. Able to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
13. Take directions from project engineers and department manager.
1. Working experience with design and/or structural analysis of electronics modules and cabinets.
2. Working experience in heat transfer and fluid flow and their application to thermal design of cooling systems for electro-mechanical systems.
3. Experience with electronics cooling, heat exchangers, heat pipes and other thermal control techniques.
4. Practical experience with 3-D CAD (Autodesk Inventor [preferred]) and analysis software tools (Autodesk Simulation CFD/Mechanical or ANSYS [preferred])
5. Must have knowledge of Mil-Specifications and commercial standards for design, hardware, materials and processes, and testing.
6. Good communication skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from four-year college or university. Must have at least 5 years of experience in mechanical design and engineering.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.