- 202269 - Shipping Clerk
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Up to $25.00 DOE
- 4 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Shipping Clerk for a contract opportunity in Anaheim, CA.
This position is 100% onsite.
Receives material on receiving dock delivered by freight carriers.
- Opens cartons and crates, visually inspects and counts contents.
- Processes receipts through MRP Costpoint system per procedure.
- Delivers received material to receiving inspection and files paperwork.
- Expeditor duties moving items around campus.
- Sort and Distribute Mail to Department Mail Centers.
Processes shipments per instructions on shipping documents.
- Orders shipping supplies
- Processes shipments through MRP system per procedure.
- Process government shipments using SIRS System.
Must have experience with FedEx and UPS on-line shipping systems.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of basic industry shipping & receiving functions.
- Knowledge of electro-static sensitive device (ESD) handling.
- Knowledge of commercial packing disciplines.
- Knowledge of military packaging (MIL-STD-2073) disciplines.
- Must be able to interact professionally with personnel from other departments.
- Must be able to read, write and have adequate mathematical skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks>
High school education with a minimum of 2 years' experience in shipping/receiving.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x223 or (800) 927-9318 x223
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.