- 202309 - Mechanical Engineer 3
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- $62.34 to $77.93 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking four Mechanical Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
The position will be responsible for engineering the architecture layouts, development of structures, thermal management, and electrical interfaces, integration of the subcontracted bus and payloads, and successful test and delivery of space vehicles.
• Perform requirements definition, conceptual design, preliminary / layout, and detail design, drawing release, design review presentations, and support to fabrication/integration
• Perform bus equipment layout, payload layout, preliminary cable and harness routing
• Interface with other cross-functional groups, customers, and vendors
• Responsible for source control drawings, interface control drawings, & installation drawings.
• Participate in system level trades to ensure the vehicle design meets all physical, mechanical and environmental requirements while accommodating the required payload, power, propulsion, thermal, communications and attitude control system requirements
• Supports Program milestone reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, IDR etc.) and Gate Closure/Lien Closures
• Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university with 9 years of engineering experience OR Master’s Degree in STEM with 7 years of engineering experience OR Ph.D. in STEM with 4 years of engineering experience.
• Prior work experience in Space Systems.
• Proficiency in CATIA V5
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.