- 202323 - Software Engineer
- $50 to $60.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract opportunity in Nashville,TN.
The work involves development of a variety of software applications for use in a wide array of military aircraft.
The Software Engineer, Senior Specialist Level is a senior professional with strong job area knowledge in software development with broad knowledge of technical project oversight, leading complex projects and processes with general oversight to achieve operational targets and goals with direct impact on team and departmental results.
In this role, you will participate and consistently contribute to planning, design, implementation, verification, deployment, and support activities for custom software components and applications. You may also perform as technical lead with leadership activities for other software engineers.
• Interact directly with engineering team and program management staff to analyze and understand requirements
• Translate requirements into appropriate technical designs
• Effectively present technical designs to software engineering, program management, and other team members
• Implement requirements into software components and applications according to technical design
• Unit and component test software components and applications to ensure quality of deliverables
• Provide input and effort for the technical verification of all technical, functional and corporate requirements prior to delivery of software components and applications
• Investigate and address requirement violations in functional testing and production software as needed
• Track and report status of tasks, deliverables, and issues to software engineering team
• Adhere to corporate processes and standards for all activities and deliverables during all phases of involvement in the software development life cycle
• Effectively manage multiple task assignments
• Mentor less experienced team members as appropriate
• Perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed, or assigned
• Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude
Required Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Strong knowledge of relevant technologies, software development methodologies, and programming languages
• Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of object-oriented design/development in a real-time environment
• Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of software unit, component, and integration testing
• Strong knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of source code management and defect tracking
• Extensive experience with C# and Visual Studio required
• Extensive experience utilizing .Net libraries required
• Extensive experience utilizing NuGet packages required
• Experience using git required
• Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) required
• Ability to effectively utilize both written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to identify complex problems and provide multiple solutions
• Ability to understand, create, and communicate complex design specifications
• Ability to quickly and effectively breakdown assignments into work tasks and provide effort and schedule estimates and successfully achieve them
• Ability to use judgment and logic in decision-making considering relative to costs and benefits of potential actions
• Ability to promote a corporate ethics and exhibit a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the organization
• Understanding and ability to implement Agile and Scrum methodologies, valuing procedures principles.
• Ability to work in a team environment and highly effective at collaboration.
• Ability to work in a collaboration tool such as VersionOne or Jira required
• Ability to understand and utilize UML (Unified Modeling Language)
• Experience with Widows IoT
• Knowledge and/or experience writing C/C++
• Knowledge and/or experience with real-time operating systems (RTOS)
Accredited Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
• Minimum of 6 years of progressively advanced real-time object oriented commercial or government software development experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.