- 202324 - Software Engineer
- $40 to $45.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer for a contract opportunity in Nashville,TN.
This role involves development of a variety of software applications for use in a wide array of military aircraft. The applications are used for control of aircraft systems, for use in Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance, and for mission management.
Responsible for research, design, and development of custom software components and applications, in conjunction with hardware product development. Primarily responsible for the design and development of software products for a variety software applications. Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle, including requirements analysis, design, implementation, integration, and test of software products. Applies computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis concepts and principles in the development of creative software solutions. Works closely with cross functional members of the engineering organization to develop and evaluate interfaces between the hardware and software, operational performance requirements, design of the overall system, and development of software for the system.
The Software Engineer, Senior Associate Level is an intermediate professional with practical job knowledge, working under moderate supervision to set objectives for team and job area, achieving operational targets with impact on departmental results.
• Interact directly with engineering team, as well as program management staff as necessary, to analyze and understand requirements
• Translate requirements into optimal technical designs
• Effectively present technical designs to software engineering, program management, and other team members
• Implement requirements into software components and applications according to technical design
• Unit and Integration test software components and applications to ensure quality of deliverables
• Assist in the technical verification of all technical, functional, and corporate requirements prior to delivery of software components and applications
• Investigate and address requirement violations in functional testing and production software as needed
• Track and report status of tasks, deliverables, and issues to software engineering team
• Adhere to corporate processes and standards for all activities and deliverables during all phases of involvement in the software development life cycle
• Manage multiple task assignments and other corporate priorities
• Required to perform other appropriate duties as requested, directed, or assigned
• Perform all job functions with a positive, professional attitude
• Minimum of 2 years of progressively advanced real-time object oriented commercial or government software development experience
• Experience with C# and Visual Studio required
• Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) required
• Practical knowledge of relevant technologies, software development methodologies, and programming languages
• Practical knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of object-oriented design/development in a real-time environment
• Theoretical knowledge and understanding of regulatory standards impact on software development
• Practical knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of automated unit, integration, and API testing
• Practical knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques of source code management and defect tracking
• Ability to effectively utilize both written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to identify complex problems and provide multiple solutions
• Ability to understand, create, and communicate complex design specifications
• Ability to quickly and effectively breakdown assignments into work tasks and provide effort and schedule estimates and successfully achieve them
• Ability to use judgment and logic in decision-making considering relative to costs and benefits of potential actions
• Ability to promote a corporate ethics and exhibit a spirit of teamwork and cooperation within the organization
• Understanding and ability to implement Agile and Scrum methodologies, valuing procedures principles.
• Ability to work in a team environment and highly effective at collaboration.
• Ability to work in a project collaboration tool, such as Version 1, Jira, or Azure DevOps.
Preferred Skills, Experience and Education:
• Ability to understand and utilize UML (Unified Modeling Language)
• Experience with Widows IoT a plus
• Experience with C++ a plus
Accredited Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.