- 202416 - Test and Integration Technician
- Up to $36.00 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Test and Integration Technician for a contract opportunity in Tulsa, OK.
Perform a variety of testing and troubleshooting on various components and assemblies: wire harnesses, analog and digital circuit cards, RF assemblies, video imaging hardware, electro-optical mechanisms, electronics chassis, and full hardware systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
1. Must have a strong working knowledge of analog and digital circuits. Must have the ability to troubleshoot circuit card assemblies to component level, read and comprehend electrical schematic diagrams and mechanical drawings.
2. Must be proficient with multimeters, oscilloscopes, function generators, and lab power supplies. Must be able to learn the usage of angle position indicators, image quality analysis (MTF, SNR, and MRT), RF signal generators, scalar network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, vector network analyzers, power meters, directional couplers, precision variable attenuators and other specialized equipment as required.
3. Must have the ability to be critical in evaluation of hardware and components to meet customer, vendor and internal requirements. Must maintain a high level of attention to detail in both inspection and documentation.
4. Must be able to follow detailed test instructions. Identify and report any errors found in documentation for correction.
5. Must be comfortable configuring and working with complex test setups. Maintain confidence in testing from sub components to system level hardware, ensuring that hardware meets both test requirements and expected intent of operation.
6. Must be comfortable working in specialized work areas such as anechoic chambers, environmental chambers, clean room, vibration lab, and the periscope tower, while adhering to all safety protocols and requirements.
7. Must be comfortable working around and with high performance precision optical assemblies. Ability to adhere to glass handling procedures.
8. Interface with government representatives and customers during product acceptance testing, train customers on operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of equipment and systems. Perform detailed inspections and complete test procedures with customer observation.
9. Must have the ability to become certified to the latest industry electronic component assembly standards.
10. Must be able to work within a group or independently when required and adhere to all company policies and protocols.
11. Ability to perform tear down, inspection and evaluation of products returned for repair. Complete detailed paperwork for evaluation and quoting process of repair contracts.
Must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
• Ability to read and interpret schematic diagrams & engineering drawings.
• Troubleshoot analog and digital circuit boards.
• Proficiency with Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Lab Supplies, and Function generator.
• Proficiency working with MS Office tools
• 3+years test experience in the defense or aerospace industry.
• Exposure working in command line interface (i.e. Linux, MS DOS, VX-Works).
• Exposure working with data bus (i.e. CAN, I2C, SPI) and serial interfaces (i.e. RS232, 485, 422).
• Exposure working with LAN or fiber network hardware.
• Exposure working with RF test instruments( VNA, Scalar Network Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer)
• Exposure working with Image quality analysis tools and test (MTF, SNR, MRT, Resolution, Distortion)
• Exposure working with test automation tools and software (GPIB Interface, NI-VISA, Python)
• Light manufacturing environment
• ESD Sensitive Environment
• The use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) is required at all times
Essential Physical Tasks:
• Must be capable of sitting or standing for 8 hours
• Fine motor dexterity, hand/eye coordination and depth perception
• Must be able to safely lift 40 lbs
• Must be able to recognize colors
• Must be able to climb stairs
Accredited Associates Degree or Trade School in Electronic Technology or equivalent.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.