- 202435 - Engineer Manufacturing 2
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- El Segundo
- $49.59 to $51.16 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in El Segundo, CA.
• Support development of tooling packages for supplier bid process through procurement group.
• Read and analyze complex GD&T drawings and help analyze existing drawings to identify shortcomings or missing information.
• Track supplier performance and answer all technical questions related to the manufacturing of tools.
• Utilize computer-aided design (CAD) equipment to support suppliers in manufacturing of tooling.
• Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in tool design layout to fellow responsible engineers or designers.
• Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Analysis, Quality, Materials, Manufacturing) to meet all design tooling requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
• Support Continuous Improvement activities
• Support activities related to estimating, RFQ/RFP/RFI, and ROM pricing.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or related engineering/scientific discipline
• 2-5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing engineering facility or equivalent
• Composite experience is a plus
• CAD solid modeling (experience with NX/CATIA) and drafting experience are a plus
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement with a focus on customer service excellence
• Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Proficiency with GD&T best practices
• Must be a self-starter and possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Experience with tooling design, mechanical assemblies and manufacturing is a plus
• Oral and written communication, computer, documentation, and presentation skills are required
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
School must be accredited.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.