- 202518 - Spacecraft Operations Technician 2
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Redondo Beach
- $24.99 to $32.13 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking four Spacecraft Operations Technician 2 for a contract opportunity in Redondo Beach, CA.
Performs a variety of duties assisting mechanical engineers in the development, assembly and integration of Space Vehicle mechanical and electro-mechanical components, assemblies, and systems. Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies. Participates in the development of sub-system and system test methodology. Assists with setting up and tests complete prototype and flight units and sub-assemblies under operational conditions. Individual must be able to demonstrate to Quality Assurance that work performed meets engineering drawing requirements. Works with chemicals. This position may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Must be willing to work any shift and extended work weeks.
• High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) required
• Two years of experience performing technician competencies
• Willing to work any shift and cover extended work weeks as required
• Hands-on knowledge and experience with the use of a variety of hand tools and mechanical equipment
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time
• AA degree or other two-year technical degree
• Demonstrate technical knowledge in manufacturing operations and procedures as it pertains to mechanical assembly, harnessing with a high attention to detail
• Familiar with Northrop Grumman Corporation processes
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office to supplement work order and other data requirements
• Comprehension with reading drawings, process specification, and work order instructions
• Experience working in clean room environments
• Proficient in use of precision measuring instruments
High School Diploma/GED is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x223 or (800) 927-9318 x223
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.