- 202525 - Engineer Software 2
- Remote Work
- Multiple Locations
- $54 to $67.50 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Engineer Software 2 for a contract/remote opportunity.
• Full stack development at the OS, platform, and mission unique software layer.
• Developing client and server applications and services using service-oriented architectures, message bus-based data exchange that include first-of-a-kind capabilities.
• Applications will span languages and toolsets including C++, Python, Postgres, Ansible, cloud infrastructure provisioning, PKI, and static code analysis execution and finding remediation.
• Developer will be expected to be a self-starter capable of making decisions with overall project budget and schedule in mind.
• Develop software which provides command and control functionality of a hardware system (sending commands, receiving acknowledgements, working on and integrating across interfaces)
• Develop software which enables activity planning and constraint checking to achieve mission outcomes
• Develop software which enable the visualization of a complex and dynamic environment in both two and 3 dimensions, complete with decisions tools, intelligent context, and user-centric interface design
• Bachelor’s in software engineering, Computer Science, or closely related discipline plus 5 years of development experience (2 years with a Master’s Degree, 0 years with a PhD) with C++, Python
• Familiarity with Agile programs including Agile DevOps
• Experience with the design, build, and deployment of software products
• Experience in producing software architecture documentation
• Experience developing satellite ground software with any of the following applications for spacecraft missions is highly preferred: Command and Control, Mission Planning, Visualization, and/or Astrodynamics
• Experience with the creation and use of spacecraft command and control system utilizing cryptographic equipment and a combination of government and/or commercial communications paths
• Experience with the creation and use of planning software and constraint checking applications utilized in astrodynamically complex and kinematically dynamic space mission planning
• Experience with the creation and implementation of visualization tools for space missions, including dynamic renderings of space vehicles, depiction of space vehicle missions, simulation of space vehicle sensor and mission outputs, and configuration displays of complex contextual and situational awareness information
• Java, C, Qt are all desired
• Graphics and Animation
• UX/UI is preferred
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week. Virtual is permissible
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.