- 202603 - Mission Planner 2
- NM-New Mexico
- $52.19 to $65.23 DOE
- 24 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking two Mission Planner 2 for a contract opportunity in Albuquerque, NM.
• Support on-orbit operations throughout the flight demonstration phase
• Review/approve mission plans for flight safety
• Monitor and asses delta-V maneuvers and provide post-burn analysis (orbit position, delta-V expended, fuel budgets, burn execution – planned vs. executed, etc.)
• Review/approve daily mission command activities for vehicle safety and mission objectives.
• Generate daily OD files for system state knowledge
• Investigation and diagnosis of unexpected system signatures
• Support the coordination and execution of system maintenance tasks and coordinating across multiple contractor organizations including customer and external system partners to diligently accomplish all tasks
• Provide 24x7on-call support to lead the resolution of system issues and anomalies. May involve periodic rotating crew shifts supporting 24x7 operations to maintain proficiency.
• Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM) and 2 years' experience in an engineering field and/or space operations. Degree requirement can be waived with additional experience with operational space environment
• Ability to conduct a range of modeling, simulation and analysis of orbital maneuvers and/or orbit estimation
• Strong technical background in orbital mechanics/astrodynamics
• Familiar with a variety of astrodynamics tools (System Tool Kit (STK), FreeFlyer, NASA General Mission Analysis Tool (GMAT), Orbit Determination Toolbox (ODTBX))
• Must possess and be able to maintain a current DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI
• Experience with developing and presenting briefing slides to senior leaders and executive level personnel
• Ability to work odd and/or extended hours covering a 24/7 period and periodic rotating shifts
• Expertise in one or more of the following technical disciplines: orbital propagation and perturbations, orbit estimation, orbital maneuvers, modeling and simulation and analysis
• Ability to develop and maintain operational procedures, products and training materials
• Previous experience with troubleshooting, anomaly resolution and performing analysis on operational systems
• Support mission simulation, scripting, and verification activities.
• Proficiency with one or more of the following programming languages/tools: MATLAB, Python, SIMULINK, Fortran, Java, C/ C++
• Experience with rendezvous and proximity operations (RPO) or formation flight
• Experience with optimization techniques and their application to trajectory optimization and/or multi-objective optimization
• Prior aerospace-related work experience for a U.S Government Agency or Contractor
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.