- 202606 - Assembler
- CA-Bay Area
- San Leandro
- $28 to $32.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Assembler for a contract opportunity in San Leandro, CA.
Assemble, disassemble, maintain, and troubleshoot electromechanical systems. Candidate will work under direct supervision of Engineering and a Production Manager.
Candidates should have the following skills and experience:
• Proficient with common hand tools and power tools
• Experience with mechanical measurement equipment (calipers, etc.)
• Understand simple and complex verbal English instructions
• Able to communicate clearly in English
• Able to read and follow written English directions and (simple and complex) mechanical drawings
Early Career experience performing complex mechanical assembly work
• Past experience with simulators or similar technology is desirable
• Experience with high voltage and/or high vacuum equipment is a plus
Accredited HIgh School Diploma or GED
• 9/80 work schedule – work day begins at 6:30am – Overtime is possible, but not regularly planned at this time
Employment will be contingent on clearing a background check. Must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.