- 202638 - Buyer
- CA-Bay Area
- $28 to $35.00 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Buyer for a contract opportunity in Anaheim, CA.
Under limited supervision of the Manager of Procurement, the Material Estimator II position is responsible for the development and analysis of material estimates for proposals in support of current and potential business activities (New Development and Production proposals) in response to customer Requests for Proposal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepare material cost packages that are statistically correct and can be supported through historical, empirical data and/or estimating theory.
2. Generate reliable cost estimates that accurately reflect the cost and customer requirements.
3. Organize data and estimates from various functional areas into cohesive, auditable and consistent cost packages.
4. Analyzes material estimates to ensure cohesiveness and consistency with the Proposal Action Plan and/or Requests for Estimate and compiles data into cost packages.
5. Prepares cost summaries outlining and summarizing material estimates contained in contract proposals.
6. Prepares and analyzes material pricing data to support audit requests and negotiation activities (sweeps, repricing, should costing, etc.).
7. Interface with suppliers and Company personnel and customer representative to support material proposal audits and contract negotiations.
8. Monitors proposal activities to assure customer/management expectation are met.
9. Develops material cost histories and estimates to support proposal packages, audits, and negotiations.
10. Ensures that material cost proposals and special studies are prepared in compliance with regulations and PSG Policy and Procedure.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by Management
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. 4+ years relevant experience in Pricing, Estimating, or Supply Chain Role (military specifications, off the shelf, make to print)
2. General knowledge of Material Estimating theories, procedures and techniques
3. General knowledge of FAR/DFARS Government Procurement regulations
4. General knowledge of TINA Proposal guidelines, emphasis on FAR part 15.2.
5. Demonstrated ability to work in cross functional settings with Finance, Engineering, Planning, Programs, and Quality.
6. Ability to meet deadlines and interface with all management levels, organizations, and companies.
7. Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
8. General knowledge of MRP systems.
9. Proven ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
10. Strong PC skills (Microsoft Suite)
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Accredited Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; 4-7+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post Bachelor’s degree preferred. Additional education may count toward required years of related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x183 or (800) 927-9318 x183
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.