- 202765 - Scientist III, Cell Biology
- $38.61 to $47.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist III, Cell Biology for a contract opportunity in Eugene, OR.
This position is in the Biology R&D group within the protein and cell analysis business unit of the Biosciences Division. The team focuses on development of novel technologies and tools that enable scientists to interrogate cellular and molecular processes via fluorescence-based platforms. The successful candidate will work with an innovative and cross-functional team of scientists to design and test reagents for high-dimensional flow cytometry. In this role, the successful candidate will also partner closely with product management and business development on multi-generation product planning, technology road-mapping and scouting activities to help push the boundaries of multi-dimensional, single cell phenotyping via conventional and spectral flow cytometry.
• Characterize fluorescent reagents for spectral flow cytometry new product development efforts.
• Oversee product development activities or in some cases, the complete product development process from feasibility to launch.
• Serve as the technical lead or as one of several biologists on cross-functional teams.
• Plan and execute experiments with minimal supervision. Analyze and report results to team members and stakeholders.
• Identify gaps, communicate, and lead opportunities for process improvements.
• Work independently and as part of a team to deliver on milestones based on set timelines.
• Strong background in flow cytometry including performing functional assays, immunophenotyping, designing and implementing multiplex panels, and spectral flow cytometry.
• Ability to process tissue and isolate cells, particularly human PBMCs and mouse splenocytes.
• Experience preparing and culturing human and mouse primary immune cells.
• Hands-on experience with both intracellular and extracellular multi-color staining.
• Knowledge of general principles of fluorescence and fluorescence detection. Understanding of cytometry data analysis techniques (e.g., population gating, compensation, etc.).
• Proficiency with flow cytometry analysis software (e.g., FlowJo).
• Proficient in product design excellence tools (statistics, DoE, JMP execution, etc..)
• Have experience in software development and common programming languages such as R/C++.
• Ability to conduct literature searches, identify unaddressed needs, conceptualize, and complete experiments to fulfill customer needs
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work alongside colleagues from different backgrounds.
MS/PhD degree in immunology, cell biology, molecular biology, or related field with 3+ years of experience. Industry experience preferred
WORK HOURS: Full-Time
8-5 pm (can be flexible depending on planned work) No OT anticipated,
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.