- 202802 - Electrical Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $62.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer for a contract opportunity in Moorestown, NJ.
1. Plans, designs and oversees the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities.
2. Coordinates with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings.
3. Prepares scopes of work for construction and facilities acquisition.
4. Estimates new construction and rearrangement
costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs.
5. Inspects or directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules.
1. Coordinates with customers, engineers, managers, etc. to define scopes of work, changes, and progress through completion of work.
2. Follows jobs/projects throughout implementation from conception to completion as assigned, including coordination of personnel.
3. Interfaces with contractors in-field, in-house supervision and labor to ensure timing and quality standards are adhered
4. Designs actual work, instructs others, and directs draftsmen in the creation of drawings and equipment specifications.
5. Works with others (in-house personnel, vendors) to specify and order needed materials.
6. Maintains frequent communication with supervisor regarding job/project work and cost status.
7. Resolves job changes and delays to provide alternate solutions to maintain schedules for jobs/projects.
8. Plans, designs, and prepares layout sketches for building construction, building renovations, building rearrangements, or equipment installations.
9. Acquires all necessary data and background information to determine best possible equipment design layouts.
10. Develops construction plans in accordance with local/state/federal building codes/regulations and environmental/health/safety requirements codes/regulations.
11. Designs facilities and structures while applying a wide variety of requirements such as engineering tables, formulas, codes, and other standards.
Experienced with the design, specification and maintenance of high/medium/low voltage electrical distribution systems (substations, transformers, switchboards, panel boards, switches, circuit breakers, cabling, grounding), fire alarm systems, lighting control systems, Uninterruptible Power Systems (UPS), Back-up power generator systems, other is highly desirable.
Three (3) plus years of professional industrial and/or commercial Facilities Engineering/Facilities Maintenance experience; including new construction work, renovation work, and/or rearrangement work is preferred.
BSEE or BSET degree from an accredited US ABET college/university.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.