- 202818 - Engineer Software 3
- $49.09 to $61.36 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking one Engineer Software 3 for a contract opportunity in Roy, UT.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
• At least 3 years of experience with concepts such as micro services (including scalability best practices), containers and orchestration using Docker or Kubernetes and/or automation scripting to improve operational efficiencies
• Direct experience in Linux/Unix/Windows Administration, and experience with Virtualization technology
• Critical Skill: Software Lifecycle Automation/DevSecOps
• Experience using Amazon Web Services, including using AWS native services (Cloud Formation, S3, etc.)
• Experience with enterprise Cloud deployments desired
• Experience with multiple Cloud service platforms (Commercial and Government)
• Experience with the full Atlassian tool suite (Confluence, JIRA, GIT, Crucible, FishEye, Crowd).
• Experience developing builds in Maven, including MAVEN profiles. Ability to automate software builds and releases via Maven & Nexus.
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Ansible, Chef or an equivalent
• Experience with developing formal builds within the DoD industry.
• Certification from VMWare and Cisco is desired
• Preferred candidate should have experience with VMware infrastructure and automation
• Keen understanding of the software development life cycle
• Experience using the Agile methodology.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.