- 202822 - Electronics Quality Inspector
- $19 to $25.00 DOE
- 3 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electronics Quality Inspector for a contract opportunity in Bristol, PA.
Perform routine visual and dimensional inspection operations on sub-assemblies, completed assemblies and work in-process.
• Perform highly repetitive visual/dimensional inspection operations on a select number of vendor supplied mechanical and electronic components.
• Perform visual, mechanical and electrical inspection operations and basic functional tests on a select number of vendor supplied mechanical and electronic components
• Work from wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, specifications, and general instructions to perform in-process inspection duties.
• Follow detailed instructions and refer to inspection procedures to perform basic receiving inspection duties.
• Perform basic receiving inspection/in-process inspection duties with limited instructions and direction of supervisor or working leader.
• Visually inspect PCB assemblies for use in telemetry systems and other electronic equipment.
• Check and inspect electrical wiring connections and general component layouts for compliance with applicable drawing and specifications.
• Prepare and complete inspection forms/reports and records.
• Verify identification and proper mounting of components.
• Detect and report any operating difficulties or questionable conditions to your supervisor.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
• Follow prescribed safety regulations.
• Perform other related duties assigned by supervisor.
• 0-3 years experience with drawings and use standard measuring tools/instruments; Ability to use basic arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Technical school certification or equivalent experience in electronic Quality Inspection preferred Clearance if desired
• Must have excellent written and communication skills.
• Basic computer skills required for data entry
• Ability to lift various items up to 50 lbs in weight.
• Have the ability to communicate and interface on various Quality related subjects daily.
• Current or ability to obtain required certifications: IPC-A-610 “Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies” Certification, IPC J-STD-001 “Requirements for Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies (Inspection module only). Certifications will be required no later than (2) weeks after being hired.
Accredited High School Diploma or equivalent with 0 to 3 years experience in Quality inspection of electronic components and in-process inspection of electronic printed circuit boards and assemblies.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.