- 202827 - Engineer Structural 3
- $53.39 to $66.74 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Structural 3 for a contract opportunity in Roy, UT.
Analyzes, researches and develops structural engineering specifications involving metals, non-metallic or composite structural materials for product design, or operation of product to include structures, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and electronics, power plant, armament, heating and ventilating, equipment and maintenance designs. Analyzes damage tolerance, durability, design allowables and structural modeling. Specific structural engineering specialties may include dynamics and loads, stability and stress fatigue and thermal analysis. Tools utilized may include CATIA, IDEAS, ProEngineer and a variety of software applications.
• Develops and executes engineering specifications for analysis and testing conditions using industry-accepted statistical methods for verification, validation, uncertainty quantification (VVUQ)
• Develop advanced estimation VVUQ using statistical methods, including Bayesian optimization, machine learning, and/or multi-fidelity modeling.
• Position requires working closely with multiple engineering disciplines including but not limited to Computation Fluid Mechanics, System Engineering, Mechanical Design and Test Integration
Bachelor 's Degree and 5+ years of experience.
• Experience with Dassault Systems ABAQUS and/or ANSYS
• Demonstrated experience with numerical modeling, development of physics models, and/or understanding of vibration, shock, seismic and blast conditions.
• Expertise in simulation, validation, uncertainty quantification, optimization, machine learning, or a closely related focus area.
• Strong programming skills in at least one of: Fortran, C++ and/or Python. Alternately experience programming in MATLAB may be substituted.
• Proficiency with ABAQUS, ANSYS, LS-DYNA
• Significant experience in structural test applications
• Experience with high-energy-density physics material strength under high strain rates, and materials properties in simulations.
• Experience on missiles programs & with propulsion
• Min 6-8 years in VVUQ on aerospace/military programs
• Preferred graduate degree/PhD in mathematics, engineering, statistics, machine learning or a closely related discipline.
• Licensed Professional Engineer
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x284 or (800) 927-9318 x284
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.