- 202846 - Engineer Systems 3
- $51.53 to $64.41 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer 3 for a contract opportunity in Roy, UT.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Apply the principles of engineering to design components and systems using applicable standards and specifications
• Participate in technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for mechanical, electrical and integrated systems
• Perform requirements analysis, develop source data for requirements, generate test requirements and prepare test reports
• Verify specifications and designs through modeling and simulation, test data processing, and performance analysis
• Support all phases of the systems lifecycle including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
• Be able to read electrical circuit diagrams/ schematics
• Maintain design documentation and follow configuration management requirements
• Develop Basis of Estimates (BOEs) for the systems engineering function
• Interface with AF customer
5 Years in Electrical or Systems Engineering with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD.
• Experience with nuclear weapon design
• Experience with ICBM Weapon System
• Experience with any of the following tools and languages: CORE, DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, ModelCenter, MagicDraw, Easy Power, Prima Vera, UML, SysML, Mentor Graphics, Mentor Capital
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Systems Engineering and any of the following areas:
• Requirements Management: MBSE, Functional Block Diagrams, Specification Trees
• Systems and end item requirements validation and verification
• Design: Systems Design, Systems Architecture, Systems Integration, N2 Analysis, Trade Studies
• General knowledge of multiple engineering disciplines: Safety, Nuclear Hardness, Nuclear Surety, Material Science, Environmental, Parts and Logistics, etc.
• Failure Modes, Effects, and Criticality Analysis
• Project Management
• Decision Making: Risk Management, Cost-Risk-Benefit Analysis
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.