- 202876 - Engineer Systems 2
- $47.86 to $59.82 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking one Systems Engineer 2 for a contract opportunity in Roy, UT.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
• Customer coordination and interfacing with Product IPTs to support systems engineering activities relating to the GBSD weapon system
• The thread lead is responsible for integrating vertically and horizontally among all the key stakeholders to ensure a consistent vision and implementation for the system within that thread.
• Ownership of a portion of system requirements, allocation to lower levels, R vs C, verification planning, and analysis planning and execution in a Model based Systems Engineering (MBSE) environment.
• Support the planning and executing the EMD SOW, proactively interfacing with other SE&I organizations and GBSD IPTs to ensure successful allocation and verification of requirements.
• 9 Years with BS; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD
• Ability to lead a Working Group of 6-10 engineers and manage a small support team
• Strong Systems Engineering skills (3+ years),
• Experience in verification planning
• Experience with Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and Requirement management (1+ year)
• Good leadership and communication skills with the ability to brief Segment, Program and Customer leadership
• Experience with ICBM programs
• Extensive MBSE experience (3+ years)
• Experience with DOORS and CAMEO tools
• Experience with Agile Development
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.