- 202880 - Scientist I, Cell Biology R&D
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- $20 to $31.65 DOE
- 6 Months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Scientist I, Cell Biology R&D for a contract opportunity in Carlsbad, CA.
You will be an integral part of the team that develops novel tools for genome engineering and RNA therapeutics. We are looking for an exceptionally responsible, well-organized, and enthusiastic researcher with great work ethic to join our group as a Scientist I. You will perform benchwork and support various research directions, interact with multiple partners within and outside of the department. You will work as a valuable member of a highly collaborative team. This position will allow the scientist to get fully introduced to R&D work in the large biotech company, learn about state-of-the-art technologies, while performing your tasks. You will also have plenty opportunities for growth as you can get involved in different aspects of the research.
• Supporting or independently performing lab experiments.
• Performing biochemical experiments with mouse tissue samples.
• Supporting immunohistochemistry and immunofluorescence experiments, including collecting samples, cryosectioning, staining and visualization.
• Documenting, analyzing and presenting collected data.
• Experience with bench work such as pipetting, centrifugation, etc.
• Experience with molecular biology techniques is desirable.
• Data analysis in Excel and Prism is a plus.
• Experience of working with mice is plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate and interact with multiple team members
• Highly organized and responsible
• Ability to prioritize tasks
• Ability to work in collaborative environment and to be an effective team member
• Maintain detail records
• Be precise in execution of activities
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Bioengineering, or other relevant field
• At least 1 year wet lab experience
WORK HOURS: Full-Time
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.