- 202966 - Technical Editor/Writer
- King of Prussia
- Up to $37.48 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Technical Editor/Writer for a contract opportunity in King of Prussia, PA.
Writes rewrites and/or edits technical documents such as technical procedure manuals user manuals programming manuals service manuals operational specifications and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specifications and instructions to a wide range of audiences.
Acquires subject knowledge by interviewing product developers observing performance of production methods referring to technical specifications blueprints engineering illustrations and trade journals.
Oversees preparation of illustrative materials selecting drawings sketches diagrams and charts. Conducts quality review of materials.
- Prior military experience.
- Experience with the QuickSilver or Interleaf
- Working knowledge of MIL-STD style guides MIL-STD-38784, MIL-DTL-5096, MIL-DTL-38807, MIL-PRF-8031, MIL-PRF-32216, or equivalent.
- Experience using ETIMS and managing a TODO account.
- Familiar with the US Air Force Technical Order (TO) system and have experience with the TO Certification/Verification process.
- Experience with Visio Drawing Tool
- Technical writing experience for military operations
- Experience with FrameMaker as a document creator and updater
- Proficient with Microsoft office products
- Ability to travel
WORK HOURS: 4/10-1st Shift
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.