- 203045 - Cyber Architect 3
- $91.35 to $114.19 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking three Cyber Architect 3's for a contract opportunity in Dulles, VA.
The Contractor Cyber Systems Engineer will work independently and potentially as a small team lead on Space Programs, with responsibilities across Space Segments, Communications Segments, and Ground Segments. Candidate must have the experience and maturity to work with minimal supervision. Candidate must have sound engineering judgement and demonstrated leadership responsibilities for cybersecurity on similarly complex systems or entire segments.
• Working as part of an integrated product team (IPT) to architect, implement, and satisfy Risk Management Framework (RMF) CyberSecurity, CyberResilience, and/or CyberSurvivability requirements of: satellite systems, communications links, and ground command & control (C2) systems. The contract engineer engages with of engineering disciplines and leads small groups in designing security solutions.
• Allocating System Security Engineering Requirements (and/or mapping to security controls), which includes working with lead systems engineers to decompose system-level security requirements across relevant Segments, Subsystems and down to specific components. This allocation process includes requirements associated with secure program protection across Systems Security Engineering specialty areas, or the following disciplines: Anti-Tamper, TEMPEST, Cybersecurity (RMF), Key Management, and cryptographic component integration/development. The contract engineer ensures that Cyber requirements are included in the formal requirements tracking process and serves as a cyber lead for a segment or subsystem.
• Performing Attack Surface Analysis (ASA) and preparing Systems Security Plans (SSP) documentation for complex space systems, including Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTM), and Security Assessment Plans, Procedures, and/or Assessment Reports.
• Leads the deployment of COTS security products (firewalls, anti-virus, two-factor authentication, SIEM tools, etc) within terrestrial systems.
• For space systems, supporting design and implementation of on-board network security requirements, to include custom hardware/software security solutions.
• Preparing and Executing assessment procedures to verify conformance with Commercial, Federal Civilian agency, Department of Defense (DoD), Intelligence Community, IA/Cyber security controls, and or survivability requirements, as required based on the specified customer/system requirements.
• For Ground Segments, conducting secure system maintenance activities as a privileged user, specifically but not limited to performing, routine audit log reviews, scanning for vulnerabilities, scanning for configuration compliance to hardening standards, and patching COTS firmware and software.
• Leading small teams to complete systems engineering, assembly, integration, and test activities for security-critical components, such as Cross Domain Solutions, cryptographic devices, and controlled interfaces.
• Interfacing with customer representatives to accomplish Cyber Test & Evaluation of systems to meet critical program milestones.
• Supporting secure software development including software risk assessments and analysis of results from automated software tools, such as Static or Dynamic Code Analysis tools.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical, Aerospace, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
8 years experience in Systems Security Engineering. Master of Science Degree in STEM field may substitute for 2 years of professional experience.
Implementing the Risk Management Framework (RMF) NIST 800-53 controls in classified environments.
Securing complex systems composed of COTS HW/SW.
10 Years experience with at least 5 years supporting the Defense Aerospace Industry
Systems Engineering exposure and first-hand experience with SDLC for complex systems. Demonstrated knowledge of Systems Engineering processes, applying security to embedded systems, engineering review milestones and SDLC.
Security requirements analysis and decomposition.
Small group leadership experience.
Hardening systems composed of both COTS HW/SW and custom, embedded HW/SW.
Exposure to national security requirements for classified systems and experience working within secure facilities.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.