- 203085 - Components Engineer
- Up to $43.78 DOE
- 5 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Components Engineer for a hybrid contract opportunity in Orlando, FL.
In this role the EEE Procurement Engineer will be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams (engineering, finance, quality, production, etc.) to evaluate design trade-offs, support producibility, drive commonality, and manage requirements flow down efficiently while aligning with the Programs overall procurement strategy, helping to reduce lead time, and promote business objectives of resiliency, cost, cash, and growth.
This is an experienced professional, mid-level engineering role; ideal candidates will have approximately 2-5 years of Component Engineering experience in the Aerospace or a similar, highly regulated field (Military Defense, Medical, etc.) Strong interpersonal skills, innovation, and willingness to respectfully challenge the assumptions is critical.
Day to day activities
• Partner with early lifecycle product design and development teams with responsibility for establishing, supporting, and maintaining procurement relationships with potential and down-selected vendors.
• Contribute to design reviews internally, with suppliers, and customers acting as a liaison between supplier and engineering to evaluate producibility, commonality, and requirements interpretation
• Validate and manage supplier projections related to cost, delivery performance, schedule, and quality during the early Program lifecycle
• Develop, implement, and drive the procurement strategies (negotiations, LTAs, should cost, etc.) to meet cost savings and performance targets
• Monitor and drive supplier new product development / introduction processes in partnership with programs key stakeholders
• Execute regular supplier performance reviews and manage supplier improvement plans to drive improvements / corrective actions on lead-time, cost, and quality
• Catalogue and monitor EEE product category for configuration, design criteria, etc. to drive part number rationalization, maximize the number of suppliers available for competition, and facilitate next-generation product / Program improvements
• Proactively engage the industrial base to expand supplier pool and drive best practices and consistency with the sourcing strategies
• 5 years of experience in supply chain, manufacturing, or engineering
• Experience managing external supplier partners
• Experience in low volume, high complexity products and new product introduction
• Experience with MRP and ERP Systems
• Bachelor’s degree in aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, or other engineering field
• Master’s degree in engineering or business
5/40-1st Shift HYB
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.