- 203092 - Electronics Test Technician
- Up to $24.00 DOE
- 3 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Electronics Test Technician for a contract opportunity in Hillsboro, OR.
The Electronics Test Technician performs assembly, integration and final testing of components. The Technician collaborates with colleagues to develop and refine methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process then partners with engineers to conduct experiments. This position also participates in continuous process improvement activities and maintains the highest standards for workplace safety and quality.
• Perform testing using prescribed methods/work instructions
• Collect test data for our database then analyze data to make process decisions
• Assist in selection and/or set-up of specialized equipment
• Performs wide variety of troubleshooting to identify problems
• Perform machine set-up, calibration and preventative maintenance
• Rebuild manufacturing equipment when needed to ensure operability
• At least 1 year of manufacturing/electronics testing preferred
• Previous experience using test equipment preferred (Digital Multimeters, Oscilloscopes, Chart Recorders)
• Experience in lean manufacturing, 6S and continuous improvement a plus
• Experience with Windows-based and MS Office programs a plus (Word, Excel, Outlook and Access)
• Ability to read detailed drawings and perform basic troubleshooting of electronic and mechanical assemblies at the component and system level
• Demonstrated ability in successfully working in a Team of 8-10 colleagues
• Comfortable to work in a cleanroom environment using appropriate PPE
• Able to follow detailed work instructions then successfully complete assigned tasks
• Ability to analyze and solve problems independently as well as collaboratively
• Ability to support projects, perform training and work productively as part of cohesive teams
• Self-motivated, self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Ability to lift up to 35lbs
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, successful in partnering with colleagues of differing cultural, language and educational backgrounds
Must have skills-
Teamwork oriented, attention to detail, capability to work with small parts, hand dexterity, ability to stand or sit for an 8hr shift, and capability to lift 35 to 40 pounds in a routine bases.
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• A 2-year technical degree preferred with 2+ years of manufacturing experience or a combination of education and experience that demonstrate the required skills.
• Military Technical Training in lieu of technical degree may also be considered
WORK HOURS: Full-Time
Day shift / flex schedule – typically anywhere from 5:00 a.m. to 8:00 start times 8-hr. shift
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.