- 203117 - Engineer Software 3
- Colorado Springs
- $49.09 to $61.36 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking one Engineer Software 3 for a contract opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
Designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions. Conducts multidisciplinary research and collaborates with equipment designers and/or hardware engineers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software. Determines computer user needs; analyzes system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls; prepares operating instructions; designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Ensures software standards are met.
• Derive and allocate requirements into detailed design
• Designs, develops and tests software product functionality
• Collaborates with Systems and Quality Engineers to ensure software requirements are met
• Performs software peer reviews, version control, automated tests, software analysis, continuous integration, and continuous delivery in accordance with DevSecOps processes and best practices
- Generates software product documentation
• Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field & 5 years of related software engineering experience, OR a Master’s Degree in a STEM field & 3 years of related experience
• A minimum of 1 year experience in software development in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java or C++
• Experience with UI design and development, or experience Interpreting complex algorithms and requirements for implementation
• Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering languages (SysML/UML) and concepts
• Additional years of experience above the minimum requirement
• Experience as technical lead on a software engineering team or project
• Experience with software architecture and design utilizing an MBSE tool, preferably Rhapsody
• Experience with automated unit and regression testing,
• Experience working within on an Agile team within a DevSecOps environment
• Experience with deployment automation tools such as chef, puppet or ansible’
• Experience with build automation tools such as Jenkins, GoCD, Travis CI or Circle
• Experience with distributed version control software (Git, Mercurial)
• Experience with Linux operating systems
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.