- 203192 - Engineer Network 3
- $40.74 to $50.93 DOE
- 9 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Network 3 for a contract opportunity in Huntsville, AL.
Designs and plans network communications systems. Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture. Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. Conducts testing of network design. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Design and plan network communication systems.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selections, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements.
- Conduct testing of network design.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnections and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new communication technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Perform network monitoring, testing, maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as Cisco routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Minimum Education: Bachelors
- Minimum EDU/Experience: T03 - 5 Years w/Bachelors in Science, 3 year w/Masters & 0 years w/PhD.
- DOD 8570 IAT Level II (Security + or higher) or must obtain within 90 days of reporting.
- Solid understanding of IP, TCP/UDP, IPSEC, VTP, GRE, SNMP, SSL/TLS, DNS and LDAP protocols.
- Solid understanding of network communication products including router, switches, firewalls, and Domain Name Servers (DNS).
- Experience Maintaining and supporting Cisco ASA Firewalls with embedded Firepower IDS/IPS
- Experience configuring and maintaining DISA Host Based Security System (AKA McAfee EPO server) and associated client and server rulesets
- Linux experience
- Understanding of LAN/WAN architectures, including experience designing and maintaining LAN & WAN based networks.
- Experience with managing routing protocols on large LAN environments.
- Current expertise with network design, architecture, specifications, and equipment selection.
- Good understanding of IP4 and IPv6 network design, including IP subnetting and protocols
- Understanding of network device configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience troubleshooting network procedures and best practices.
- Familiarity with DevSecOps, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming), Scaled Agile Framework – SAFe for Lean Enterprises
- Experience with Cisco hardware including routers, switches, and firewalls.
- LAN and Network Certifications (especially CISCO)
- Experience with Kickstart using Red Hat Linux
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework, associated security controls, and STIGs.
- Experience with Windows, Active Directory, Linux, and VMWare configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience using protocol analyzers/sniffers (such as Wireshark).
- Experience with network challenges associated with systems integration, including COTS integration, capacity analysis, and system architecture design.
- Experience with commercial cloud providers.
- Experience performing operations in an Agile framework.
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
9/80 work week.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x283 or (800) 927-9318 x283
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.