- 203209 - Engineer Systems 2
- $47.86 to $59.82 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Systems 2 for a contract opportunity in Roy, UT.
GBSD Project Engineer
We are seeking a Project Engineer. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Change Management Team.
What You’ll Get To Do:
This position will be responsible for executing scope in the Change Management organization and coordinating with responsible engineers to bring needed changes to board. This role will work closely with the Chef Engineers office and with IPTs to gather impacts while performing technical review of changes within their purview and guiding said changes to implementation.
• Plans and executes schedules for change package development and approval cycle to meet mission needs
• Prepares lists of materials, accessories, and parts following engineering and design blueprints and examines blueprints, identifies parts code, computes quantity needed, and lists total material requirements including routing, and special handling instructions.
• Coordinates with Configuration Management organization to verify path forward for implementation
• Balances current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
• Prepare and publish status reports to various programs
Technical impact assessment, planning and strategy for change implementation
Bachelor's Degree and at least 3 years of experience.
• Demonstrated knowledge of project management fundamentals
• Demonstrated communication skills and flexibility
• Proficiency in MS Office
• Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
• Excellent technical writing skills, and team building skills
• Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
• Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
• Familiarity with Model Based Systems Engineering concepts and
• Subcontractor technical oversight experience
• 1 year of project management experience .
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x230 or (800) 927-9318 x230
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.