- 203234 - Engineer Systems Architect 2
- Colorado Springs
- $55.1 to $68.87 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Systems Architect 2 for a contract opportunity in Colorado Springs, CO.
The selected job candidate will be joining the Model Based - Requirements, Integration, and Architecture (MB-RIA) team. MB-RIA has opportunities to work in eleven different weapons system focus areas. This team is responsible for verification, architecture, and model governance of the GBSD weapon system. The verification portion of the team is responsible for system and segment requirements, requirements management and updates, and verification. The architecture portion of the team provides oversight for integration and delivery of architecture models and develops weapon system architecture. While the model governance portion of the team directs the system model methodology definition, model best practices documentation, and model configuration management. This team will provide candidates the opportunity to integrate complex design elements across multiple Product Teams of the GBSD weapon system and work with all levels of the weapon system to ensure a comprehensive weapon system design.
The selected candidate will be supporting the governance team within MB-RIA to develop and implement program-wide model governance.
What you’ll get to do:
• Support MBSE strategy and implementation over the various Architecture Model
• Implement and enforce model governance at all levels of the architecture
• Coordinate with sub-integrated product architecture teams for compliance with contractual SOW and established program model governance
• Coordinate with integrated product teams for establishing content within the architecture
• Define and execute model integration processes, tools, and techniques
• Be key stakeholder in the development and implementation of model governance throughout the GBSD program
• Engage in formal and informal mentoring to support knowledge transfer and talent development.
• Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university
• For level-3 – A minimum 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; 3 years with a Master's; or 0 years with a PhD
• For level-2 – A minimum of 2 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; 0 years with a Master’s
• Willingness to work in a Model-Based Systems Engineering environment
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Experience performing in a Systems Engineering or related technical discipline and understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
• Experience with basic systems engineering toolset and languages (e.g. DOORS, Rhapsody, Cameo, UML, SysML)
• Experience with DoDAF standards and methods
• Experience with Agile Development
Bachelor's Degree is required.
School must be accredited.
Secondary Location: Roy, UT
Tertiary Location: Huntsville, AL
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x179 or (800) 927-9318 x179
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.