- 203249 - Manufacturing Engineer
- $50 to $62.50 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for a contract opportunity in Bedford, MA.
The Staff Engineer will function as a key member of the Manufacturing Science & Engineering team. We are seeking an energetic individual with strong communication, leadership, technical and operational skills to join our dynamic and fast paced team. The engineer’s focus will be on leading high-level expansion projects with a focus on capacity improvements.
• Engineering lead to specify, install and validate process equipment in new facility
• Develop best practices and innovative solutions to improve production yield and quality.
• Support current and future expansions
• Identify and lead capacity improvement projects.
• Lead complex scale-up and validations activities.
• Support a variety of new and existing chemical processes by generating process flow diagrams, mass and energy balances, and pre-operations packages including HAZOP’s and risk assessments (FMEA).
• Drive process improvements through data-based decision making.
• Ability to manage multiple projects/priorities in a dynamic environment while leading cross functional teams
• Provide guidance and expertise for the junior engineering team and foster a culture of learning
• Maintain and support a safety and quality culture.
• Ability to work with numerous departments and levels of employees.
• Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
• Experience in driving investigating and general troubleshooting.
• Good understanding of ISO 13485 requirements including CAPA, Risk Assessments, Deviation Investigation and Change Control process.
• Understanding or process/equipment validation
• Ability to work with numerous departments and levels of employees
• Understanding of statistical tools and statistical process control
• Delta V and Six Sigma preferred
• Project management skills are a plus
Must Have: chemical manufacturing experience, leading validations, writing validation documentation, etc
• Bachelor’s or higher in Chemical Engineering or equivalent degree from accredited college/university in relevant scientific discipline and have a strong relevant technical background
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in the manufacturing of specialty chemicals with a background in organic chemistry.
WORK HOURS: Full-Time
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.