- 203428 - Principal DevOps Engineer
- $52.11 to $65.13 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking multiple Principal DevOps Engineers for a contract opportunity in Dulles, VA.
In this role, you will support High-Side DevOps team members and will be a technical lead for this team.
• Automate cloud native technologies, deploy applications, and provision critical infrastructure
• Work with microservices and distributed application architecture, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology
• Work within the OpenStack cloud ecosystem to configure and deploy optimized infrastructure
• Ensure monitoring and health of the resources deployed via Nagios or other enterprise management solutions
• Document procedures used during deployment cycles
• Experience with operational monitoring tools
• Work with the fellow DevOps team and play a mentoring role to cross-train and grow technical talent across DevOps team and assist in troubleshooting tasks
• Implement clean and maintainable infrastructure-as-code that adheres to industry best practices, terraform
Must have demonstrable CI/CD experience, Linux experience highly preferred.
Principal DevOps Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (ideally Computer Science or Engineering) and 5 years of experience; OR a master’s degree and 3 years: OR a PhD and 0 years
• 3+ year(s) of DevOps or software development experience
• 3+ years in a technical leadership role managing technical objectives and Jira metrics reporting
Sr. Principal DevOps Engineer
• Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (ideally Computer Science or Engineering) and 9 years of experience; OR a master’s degree and 7 years: OR a PhD and 4 years
• 5+ year(s) of DevOps or software development experience
• 5+ years in a technical leadership role managing technical objectives and Jira metrics reporting
To be successful in this role you should have:
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with quick turnaround times and shifting priorities
• Proven troubleshooting skills and willingness to take on unfamiliar challenges
• 3+ years of experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC), Terraform, & Ansible
• 3+ years of experience in Linux tools/automation and shell scripting
• 3+ years of experience in Python
• 1+ years of experience with OpenStack management
• 3+ years of experience with Docker containerization, Kubernetes (K8s) preferred
• 3+ years of experience with continuous integration/deployment tools such as Jenkins or GitLab
• 3+ years creating, executing, and troubleshooting complex, automated processes used to configure servers and/or deploy code
Bachelor's Degree required.
School must be accredited.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.