- 203445 - Electrical Engineer III
- De Leon Springs
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Electrical Engineer III for a Direct Hire opportunity in De Leon Springs, FL.
This position is 100% onsite.
• Design, model, simulate and test complex electronic circuits, subsystems and systems.
• Assist Engineering with design modification or electronic subsystems and systems for development efforts.
• Support designs with analysis simulations and calculations including spice and MATLAB.
• Create schematic drawings and support PCB design, layout and routing of sub-assemblies and systems.
• Prepare documentation for work as required for engineering and manufacturing of products.
• Conduct complex in-house tests, direct and guides or mentors other Engineers.
• Apply Risk, failure analysis and root cause analysis as required within the engineering discipline.
• Represent engineering in cross-departmental activities such as MRB.
• Resolve product process and system issues; provide recommendation for enhancements and cost reductions; initiate ECN's; and formulate cost impacts.
• Keep accurate and complete records of engineering activities.
• Maintaining Development and Production Bill of • Material for Obsolescence
• May act as project lead including organizing, execution, and coordinating technical assignments.
• Evaluate materials and systems, identify equipment, or prepare work instructions for manufacturing.
• Provide training and/or direction to other engineers, technicians or manufacturing operators.
• Provide input to bid and proposal activities.
• Provide communications and/or presentations to customers, suppliers or vendors.
• Travel and participation in product field tests.
• Knowledge/skills must include strong education, theoretical background and experience with applied hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis, and test.
• Hands-on experience with development, building and testing of electronic assemblies and systems.
• Knowledge of digital and analog design including amplifiers, analog and digital interfacing, time and frequency domain filtering, sampling theorem, aliasing, programmable logic, low power design
• Experience with simulation (LTSpice or equivalent) and computational programs (MATLAB preferred),
• Experience working with microcontrollers, digital signal processors(DSPs), and field programmable gate arrays (FPGAs),
• Experienced implementing communication protocols (I2C, SPI, Ethernet, UART, etc.)
• Pluses include experience with microcontrollers, low power design, battery operation, and switching regulators, digital signal processing, magnetics and RF design
• Ability to draw solutions from both formal training and experience and use original thinking and ingenuity to solve problems.
• Experience in generating Electrical design documentation, and technical reports.
• Ability to write proposals, cost and schedule estimates (including budgets), and participate in presentations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Teams.
• Must show high initiative, be self-motivated, and have ability to act independently on technical matters.
• Must be willing and able to travel and participate in product field tests.
• Accredited 4-year degree from an accredited university in Electrical Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience with hands-on implementation expertise in electronic design, simulation, modeling, analysis and test of electronic assemblies and systems.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x286 or (800) 927-9318 x286
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.