- 203486 - Geospatial Engineer
- NC-North Carolina
- Fort Bragg
- Up to $60.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Geospatial Engineer for a contract opportunity in Fort Bragg, NC.
Geospatial Engineer in support of Ground Defeat Option (GDO) 3 Dimensional Integrated Modeling (3DIM) Specialist
Serves as Hard Target Defeat (HTD) Ground Defeat Option (GDO) 3 Dimensional Integrated Modeling (3DIM) Geospatial Engineer at the Customer Site in the Directorate for Plans, J5, Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) Coordination Cell for the Commanding Officer (CO). Performs duties as the GDO 3DIM Geospatial Engineer within the Directorate of Plans Enterprise, HTD Branch. Responsible for the organization and maintenance of imagery and elevation datasets, management of the GDO 3DIM globe, and the processing and symbolization of world-wide and site specific geospatial vector and raster data to support functional, geotechnical characterizations for structural response. Assist the team to develop and assess vulnerabilities of foreign and domestic surface and subsurface strategic facilities as they pertain to the Command, the United States Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) and associated Department of Defense (DoD) agencies. Represents the command as a Liaison Officer (LNO)/point of contact (POC) for these plans with Department of Defense (DoD) agencies, national Intelligence Community (IC) and Inter-Agencies (IA) working groups. Visualize and refine deliberate plans into 3D visual products to support the Command and its national mission. Provides consultation to government agencies, and helps develop the foundation for a multi-million dollar command budget. Supports the Program Manager who provides oversight to all aspects of the Command’s GDO 3DIM Combat Research Development Testing and Evaluation (CRDT&E), and Training Evaluation (T&E) integrated modeling capabilities. Functions as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) with full responsibility as it relates to geographic information systems (GIS) architecture and data, coordination and integration of GDO requirements across the Command enterprise in the development, sustainment and improvement of programs and exercise elements to meet all assigned mission requirements. Employee may be required to work irregular shifts. Performs any or all of the following duties during normal daily operations and/or emergency/crisis situations.
Responsible to the Contracting Officer Representative (COR) for:
1. Supports the Program Manager and JC3-HTD branch with Geospatial Engineer sensitive special operation mission planning, CRDT&E and T&E strategic modeling program, and managing a classified program to maintain Special Operation Forces (SOF) visibility. Document informational gaps; make recommendations for tasking National Technical Means (NTM), commercial systems and other intelligence sources to collect information necessary to complete the 3DIM analysis. Manage, develop and recommend short and long range proposals, and plans to support program budget, course content and scheduling of sensitive GDO 3DIM programs for the command involving the Department of Energy (DOE), Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA), and National Laboratories, Army CORP of Engineer (ACOE), National Test Centers, and Industry Research Institutes. Serves as a point of contact (POC) within the GDO 3DIM Enterprise for the command in development of new technological applications, methodologies, process by coordinating, collaborating and integrating products from supporting agencies and others commands. Acts as a JC3-GDO 3DIM planner for congressionally directed interagency exercises, DoD Joint Readiness Exercises (JRX) directed training events involving HTD operations, and JCS directed training events involving CWMD operations. Recommends priorities among scarce resources, advocates tough decisions of national scope and interprets general guidance into specific deliberate plans by visualizing intelligence into a Common Operating Picture (COP). Develops and implements studies, which affect national HTD policy and crisis/deliberate planning. Develop and coordinate with supporting units and agencies to exercises/validates their readiness posture and establishes reach-back support through collaborate and integrated modeling data base. Works as a team builder to foster consistent interpretation among the Command personnel, its associated agencies, and directorates or pertinent doctrine, policy and plans. This includes briefings, meetings, internal memorandums and other written communication. Presents briefings to DoD General/Flag Officers (GO/FO), distinguished visitors, and other dignitaries on sensitive national plans, policies and doctrine and how they relate to joint missions. Develops, reviews, and validates Counter Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD) that support Operational Requirement Documents (ORD), and concepts of operation (CONOPS). Conducts Requirement Integrated Product Team (R-IPT) program briefings to various Combatant Commands and contract personnel.
2. Assures full integration of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) principles and like treatment for all members in training, recognition, and discipline. Responsible for implementation and enforcement of all safety rules, regulations, and directives applicable to the work environment.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of remote sensing and geographic information systems (GIS) technologies and data formats.
- Comprehensive knowledge of national and commercial overhead aerial imagery systems and standards.
- Comprehensive knowledge of methods and tools used in the ortho-rectification of overhead aerial imagery.
- Knowledge and experience in re-projecting, merging, feathering, and layering of multiple imagery sources in varied ground sample distance (GSD) resolutions.
- Knowledge and experience in editing, modifying, and database management of vector and raster geospatial data.
- Knowledge and experience in specialized full mission profile for SOF/HTD environments.
- Knowledge and experience in 3D modeling software and technologies to produce complex digital structures and environments.
- Knowledge and skill to plan and carry out administrative support functions (supply, budget, maintenance, personnel, etc.) to facility Command training facility operations.
- Ability to plan and present briefings to various national leaders and dignitaries of sensitive national plans, policies, doctrine and how they relate to joint missions.
- Ability to be deployed to perform current and other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of Army special operations doctrine, tactics and procedures to develop, coordinate and implement plans, policy and guidance.
- Basic knowledge of Air Force special operations doctrine, tactics and procedures to develop, coordinate and implement plans, policy and guidance.
- Basic knowledge of Navy special operations doctrine, tactics and procedures to develop, coordinate and implement plans, policy and guidance.
Acredited Bachelor's Degree
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x282 or (800) 927-9318 x282
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.