- 203660 - Production Supervisor
- Up to $24.21 DOE
- 6 months
- Chipton Ross is seeking a Production Supervisor for a contract opportunity in Clanton, AL.
This work instruction defines the role of the Production Supervisor who reports directly to and takes direction from the Production Superintendent of their assigned shift. Their role is to supervise and coordinate activities of operations Team Members.
· As a role model to the employees and as a company representative consistently interprets, enforces, and communicates company policies and safety regulations to team members.
· Responsible for identifying deficiencies in training and development for team members and is able to develop and/or capitalize on available resources to address training issues. Ensures that all team members comply with training requirements to ensure production of defect-free product delivered on time.
· Maintain a clean, safe work environment. Consistently addresses good safety practices with team members and will take immediate action should there be any safety violations committed.
· Ensure all tools and equipment are in working order and that they are in place and used in a safe, efficient manner.
· Ensure consistent execution of job rotation through proper management and appropriate verification..
· Lead your area in continuous improvement, while accepting full ownership for area responsibility.
· Perform team member evaluations and corrective actions as necessary. Initiates or suggests plans to motivate team members to achieve work goals. Proactive rather than avoidance approach in resolving problems or conflicts.
· Inspect products to verify conformance to specifications and directs setup and adjustment of machines.
· Study production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment. Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules. Ensure that direct and indirect labor goals are met on a daily basis through strict compliance of working to the required manpower numbers.
· Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
· Analyze and resolves work problems, or assists team members in solving work problems.
· Maintain time and production records.
· Manage scrap within your area to achieve program fiscal plan goals.
· Be 100% trained on the operations supervised.
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Two (2) years of college or university program certificate required; and two (2) plus years of supervisory experience. or 5 years experience.
· Two year technical degree (mechanical or electronics) from an academically accredited institution
· Must have excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Have basic knowledge of the material flow and key quality characteristics.
· Must be able to lift, carry, and handle up to 45 lbs.
· Ability to deal with problems and multiple priorities
· Interpersonal skills
· 8D problem solving class
· Certificate(s): Electronics, PLC, and mechanics
Two year degree required
Monday through Friday 5 p.m. to 3:30 a.m. Overtime as required.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x340 or (800) 927-9318 x340
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.