- 203750 - Systems Engineer IV
- De Leon Springs
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Systems Engineer IV for a contract opportunity in De Leon Springs, FL.
This position is 100% onsite.
• The systems engineer will lead system and subsystem level design/requirements generation, development, decomposition, design analyses, operational concept definition, and traceability for the total system. • Experience with the system development lifecycle, performing functional analysis, requirements allocation and interface definition to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications. • Develop, specify, and verify system and software interface architecture block diagrams. Support the development of strategic and tactical plans for the design and implementation of cost effective and technically compliant new or modified architectures supporting future customer needs.
• Perform systems analysis and design
• Design Sonar and/or Maritime Acoustic technology / platforms
• Allocate, deploy and manage internal and external stakeholder/customer, system, and subsystem level requirements
• Manage changes to requirements, troubleshoot conflicts and understand impacts
• Support risk assessments and develop risk mitigation
• Lead peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents
• Lead and develop Whitepapers and Bid and Proposals
• Prepare system engineering and specialty engineering CDRL's
• Define control system interfaces - external/internal
• Develop functional, operational, physical, and interface architecture block diagrams
• Perform trade studies, investigate alternatives and provide recommendations
• A minimum of 12 years of experience in Engineering.
Experience with the JAMA Connect or other modern requirements management tools.
• Capability to adapt to industry wide used modeling and requirements management tools as needed
CMMI, AS 9100, and ISO 900 process development experience.
• Familiar with Jira for issue tracking and supporting Agile development methodologies, collaborating with Agile teams and support of team demonstrations.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Teams.
The physical demands describe here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk and communicate, use hands/finger, feel and reach with arms. This position requires the ability to lift, bend or stoop as necessary up to 20 lbs.
Accredited 4-year degree from an accredited university STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) Preferably Electronics, Mechanical, Computer Science or System Engineering or related field OR a combination of education and relevant experience; or Masters' degree and 5+ years of related experience.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x305 or (800) 927-9318 x305
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.