- 203890 - Manual Machinist
- CA-S.Cali-Los Angeles/Orange Counties
- Menlo Park
- $40 to $50.00 DOE
- 12 months
- Chipton-Ross is seeking a Manual Machinist for a contract opportunity in Menlo Park, CA.
This position is 100% onsite.
1. Interprets complex blueprints, engineering drawings, and sketches to determine part specifications.
2. Plans layouts, establishes set-up procedures, and performs machine operations.
3. Checks precision tolerances and makes tool adjustments.
4. Performs preventive maintenance of equipment and general housekeeping functions.
5. May provide work direction for lower-level personnel.
6. Performs limited, intermittent physical exertion. Works under acceptable conditions with some distraction due to occasional exposure to noise, dust, heat, or chemicals.
Requires the ability to use moderately complex mathematics, handbook formulas, and a wide variety of precision measuring instruments, and the ability to read complex blueprints and complete drawings.
Requires a broad trade knowledge, equivalent to training received in a formal registered apprentice program. Vocational degree desirable.
o Flexible to work varied shifts, overtime, weekends and travel on occasion.
o Able to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, and squat.
o Able to occasionally push, and reach.
o Must have good repetitive manual dexterity with both hands.
o Must have sufficient vision to see relative positions of small parts and able to discern symmetry and proper alignment.
o May be required to move items up to 50 pounds for distances of up to 30 feet.
o Will be exposed to some or all of the following: fumes, dust, toxic or caustic chemicals, outdoor weather, moving mechanical parts and moderate to loud noise levels.
o Must wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary and be alert at all times to prevent mishaps with sharp objects and the machining processes.
9/80 work schedule
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x290 or (800) 927-9318 x290
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.