- 204044 - Engineer Mechanical 3
- Newport News
- $38.48 to $50.63 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Engineer Mechanical 3 for a contract opportunity in Newport News, VA.
Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
• Grid generation for complex internal/external geometries
• Develop, apply, and validate CFD solutions
• Develop design of experiments
• Use critical thinking skills for problem solving and troubleshooting
• Informal and formal report generation
• Validation and verification of new or improved software.
5 Years with Bachelors in Science; 3 Years with Masters; 0 Years with PhD
ABET Engineering degree required
Required PPE Ear Muffs, Hard Hat, Safety Glasses, Steel Toe Boots
• Master’s degree
• Experience with StarCCM+, OpenFoam
• Experience in C/C++, Java, Matlab, Python
• Experience with turbulence and multiphase flows
• Experience with machine learning
• Experience using high performance computing systems (HPCs)
• Familiarity with manipulation and processing of large datasets
• CAD software literacy for model cleanup and meshing
Must have a bachelor's degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
Mon-Fri 7:30-4:00 First Shift
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
11832 Fishing Point Drive, Suite 100
Newport News, VA 23606
Phone: (757) 595-0005 x173 or (877) 244-5418 x173
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.