- 204074 - Operator II
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $19.00 DOE
- 12 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Operator II for a contract opportunity in Fremont, CA.
o Follows Manufacturing SOPs.
o Completes Production Floor paperwork, including SOPs as required by the Quality System. Records information such as weight, time and date packaged.
o Starts, stops, and regulates speed of conveyors
o Set up and operate filling tools/equipment
o Assists with validation of equipment
o Reads and understands work orders to successfully set up material on production line, and verify and count the amounts required as per work order.
o Inspects material, products and containers at each set up of production process.
o Inserts or pours product into containers or fills from spout or chute.
o Obtains and sort product.
o Wraps protective material around product.
o Weighs containers and adjusts quantity.
o Closes and seals containers.
o Labels containers, container tags, or products.
o Sorts bundles or filled containers.
o Packs special arrangements or selections of product.
o Inspects material, products and container configurations each set up of packaging process.
o Line Clearance – responsible to line set up, reconciliation and disposal of materials related to the job.
o Clean and sanitize work areas, machines, glassware or equipment as needed or directed.
o Responsible for following ISO/cGMP Quality System Regulations with focus on SOP completion accuracy, product quality, and housekeeping activities.
o Performs other assigned duties.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel) required.
• Ability to critically think and pay attention to details.
• Flexible to work in different functional group (Fill/Pack/Label Printing) within the manufacturing department.
• Good documentation skills
• Ability to understand and adapt to new schedules in environment due to priority changes
• Work well with in a team-based environment
• Ability to use manufacturing systems such as QAD and electronic document management system to print all required documents to complete the daily work as indicated in the production schedule.
• Ability to read and write English and effectively communicate issues to floor lead or Supervisor.
• Ability to read and interpret as related to documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and react appropriately to changing priorities and impending deadlines.
High School Diploma or GED required and 0-3 years related experience in lab/manufacturing environment and/or training
WORK HOURS: Full-Time; Shift days/hours: First Shift – 9:00AM to 5:45PM
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x307 or (800) 927-9318 x307
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.