- 204075 - Staff Accountant
- CA-Southern California - San Diego
- Santa Clara
- Up to $45.00 DOE
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Staff Accountant for a contract opportunity in Santa Clara, CA.
• Perform monthly closing activities including closing of sub-ledger, journal entries, accruals, account reconciliation and analysis
• Ensures compliance with U.S. GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, company policy, approval authority matrix and standard operating procedure; recommends changes to strengthen control environment
• Confirm monthly balances with intercompany partners. Perform monthly intercompany netting to ensure proper recording of transactions
• Prepare monthly roll-forwards and other financial reports
• Partner with FP&A, shared services accounting team and other departments to meet monthly corporate accounting and finance submission deadlines
• Prepare sales and use tax and Property Tax returns
• Assist accounts payable transactions for inventory purchases, including coding, posting, etc.
• Assist year-end 1099 IRS forms and maintain W-9 supplier files. Maintain current status of IRS regulations relating to year-end reporting
• Provide analysis and support to finance and operations leadership to ensure proper controls and business management
• Drives continuous improvement and while using systems to increase controls and efficiencies
• Other miscellaneous projects and duties as assigned
• Provide coverage (backup) to support other accounting and finance duties when necessary
• Knowledge of commonly used accounting concepts, practices and procedures (including Sarbanes-Oxley and GAAP) required
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, Adobe
• ERP systems and electronic documentation experience desired
• Ability to accurately process high volumes of work, prioritize duties, meet deadlines, and work independently while maintaining strong relationships with internal and external customers
• Excellent attention to detail
• Validated analytical and problem-solving skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to develop high levels of credibility and forge and positive professional relationships with all levels of the organization, including upper management
• Ability to be flexible in work schedule as business requirements dictate (month-end close)
• Demonstrate values – Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement
• Ability to work in a complex, multi-level environment and have the ability to work cross-functionally with individuals and teams
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
• Minimum of 3+years of finance and/or accounting experience
WORK HOURS: Full-Time
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x206 or (800) 927-9318 x206
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.