- 204179 - Senior Software Engineer
- CA-Bay Area
- Canoga Park
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Software Engineer for a direct hire opportunity in Canoga Park, CA..
The person in this position will be responsible for the software development of the electrical test equipment, hands-on test and test system design, as well as providing project management and leadership for less senior personnel. Working under limited general direction, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
70% - Hands-on software design of an automated test system. This includes planning the design, defining the design requirements, executing the detailed design, integrating software/hardware, verifying the test system and providing resolution to anomalies occurring during integration and test of a test system, as well as during subsequent delivery and test system usage.
15% - Managing software development activities with cost and schedule accountability and leading less senior personnel with the design activities. 5% - Supporting test system proposals and bids.
10% - Travel to other client, customer and supplier sites for design reviews and technical interface meetings.
- 5+ years of software design for Automated / Manual operation of test consoles, test adapters, and self-test consoles.
- 5+ years programing with National Instruments (NI) development suites (LabWindows/CVI, LabVIEW and TestStand).
- Programming C, C++.
- The use of test instruments, National Instruments (NI), UPS, Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, DMMs, Wave form Generators, Multiplexers, Logic Analyzers, Data Acquisition Systems, etc.
- The development of test software requirements and verification methodologies.
- Resolving software anomalies experience during integration and test
- Experience in prioritizing and completing several parallel efforts.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and drive toward goals.
- Possess process discipline, order, and attention to detail.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to coordinate and collaborate with local/on-site teams, as well as teams at other sites.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements: Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 25 pounds; may require occasional walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. May require the ability to travel by air or auto. May require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.
Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline and five (5) or more years of experience in the software design of automated test equipment consoles/racks for electrical applications.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x280 or (800) 927-9318 x280
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.