- 204247 - Field Engineering Specialist
- CA-Bay Area
- Up to $50.00 DOE
- 6 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Field Engineering Specialist for a contract opportunity in Anaheim, CA.
Under limited supervision, this position provides a variety of high-level comprehensive engineering services to both internal and external customers in factory and in the field. This position will be required to work on high-powered electronic equipment in an industrial environment, aboard ships, as well as commercial facilities. This role will be required to perform emergency and scheduled maintenance and assist in the removal, modernization, and installation of customer equipment and may be required to troubleshoot equipment down to component board level. While in factory, this role will aid in a variety of test engineering tasks utilizing acquired Electrical Engineering skills and general testing equipment including but not limited to: evaluation, troubleshooting, integration, and testing of new and returned assemblies associated with the company's military product lines. Must be able to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams and installation drawings. This position may be required to travel for field activities, as needed. Familiarity with Nuclear Navy principles and regulations desired. Must be able to document all test findings, status and initiate procedure changes as required by company procedures.
o Apply electronic theory and knowledge to perform operational tests, gather data, analyze faults, and perform repair/upgrade in company military product lines utilizing all available documentation. This will encompass equipment in all phases of product life cycle, including: prototype and pre-production, production, and fielded equipment and will typically include: PWAs, Sub assemblies, Modules and completed Systems, Test Equipment, and proprietary Test Fixtures and Test Sets.
o Troubleshoot problems and perform repairs, tests, and alignments to other company equipment. This includes analog and digital circuitry and appropriate mechanical adjustments.
o Assists in special reports, engineering changes, failure analysis and any other requirements for product improvement and quality. Supports engineering for any required testing, including Qualification testing.
o Attend training courses on theory and operation of power equipment as scheduled and improve current knowledge of state-of-the-art components products.
o Responsible for following all proper safety requirements.
• Operations Support:
o Identifies non-conforming material and initiates Material Discrepancy Reports, FR/FF reports in TipQA, and Break-Out Shop Orders, as applicable.
o Programs and verifies programmable integrated circuits using approved procedures and Quality Assurance software.
o Identifies and initiates changes to test documents using a Quality Test Change Request form.
o Documents information for failure analysis and reporting using the Failure Reporting and Corrective Action System and Failure Analysis Reports.
o Must be able to provide field service support bringing new products or product enhancements to market as well as the entire product development life cycle. Supporting member of engineering team from requirements and concepts through design, integration, and verification/validation.
• Field Services: Performs other duties and functions as required.
o Performs field service activities (e.g. verification/validation activities, field change instruction development, tech manual development and markups) in the support of engineering projects or programs.
o Assists in the installation of customer equipment and on-site acceptance testing.
o Complete and submit expense reports and any other associated paperwork covering activities in the field.
o Assists with proper preparation prior to responding to any field effort, including but not limited to; travel requests, security information, checking of test records, installation records, required tools, and any previous modifications.
o Travel from assigned territory as required.
• Demonstrated experience with Nuclear Navy Processes and Procedures (including Verbatim Compliance).
• Experience and/or training with digital and analog circuitry as it applies to power equipment. Broad-based technical knowledge and experience troubleshooting
• Must have a valid driver's license, good driving record, and be able to drive a rental car.
• Relevant experience in mission critical operations (e.g., power, data center, pharmaceutical, semiconductor, nuclear, including military).
• Experience troubleshooting power generation, distribution, control systems, and/or electronics systems in a mission critical environment.
• Must be physically able to work in confined spaces, climb ladders, move auxiliary equipment on casters, lift and carry heavy parts and sub-assemblies, and perform the above duties indoors and outdoors during inclement weather.
• Position will include travel nationwide with notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience; or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree or equivalent military trade school and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree or equivalent with 2 years of prior related experience.
• Graduate of military technical trade schools (e.g. Navy Nuclear Power School (ET or EM), Navy Aegis "C" school, etc.) with relevant experience in maintenance and operations.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.