- 204321 - Aircraft Technician
- Up to $23.50 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking an Aircraft Technician for a contract opportunity in Trumbull, CT.
This position is 100% onsite.
1. Work independently with limited supervision.
2. Use precision measuring instruments and gauges such as feeler gauges, dial indicators, micrometers, calipers.
3. Perform repair of detail components by filing, stoning, lapping and polishing.
4. Using power and hand tools for drilling, sanding and riveting.
5. Write in a clear and concise manner the results of evaluations and be able to communicate repair requirements for work performed within our facility or sent to outside sources.
6. Adhere to all EH&S requirements, FAA & EASA regulations, company rules, policies, procedures and corporate initiatives.
7. Follow procedures found in component maintenance manuals, service bulletins, ORI's, OREI's, drawings, check sheets, etc.
8. Must be competent in the use of torque wrenches and have a complete understanding of SAC torque specification SS9300.
9. Chemically treat repaired surfaces in accordance with approved data.
10. Review and interpret related paperwork to ensure proper identification of parts, operational sequence and record information on appropriate documentation.
11. Drill, ream, tap, change studs, install helicoils, install bushings and liners by shrink fitting and arbor press.
o Automotive trade school preferred
o FAA Air frame license but not required.
4/10 work schedule
This work assignment has been designated as "safety-sensitive" by the Client. Contractors assigned to safety-sensitive jobs at the Client site must first complete regulatory pre-placement requirements prior to reporting to assignment. Additionally, contractors assigned to safety-sensitive work will be subject to random drug and alcohol testing in accordance with federal mandates.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x185 or (800) 927-9318 x185
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.