- 204349 - Senior Systems Engineer
- NJ-New Jersey
- Up to $90.00 DOE
- 12 months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for a contract opportunity in Camden, NJ.
Working under the direction of more Senior Systems Engineers or IPT leads to accomplish the following:
• Ability to collaborate across multiple functions in support of program objectives.
• Preparing and reviewing project/system level cost and proposal inputs for the Systems efforts on assigned projects
• Acting as a Cost Account Manager for multiple control accounts, including monthly EVMS report input generation
• Coordinating requirements and design solutions with the customer representatives as required
• Performing analysis and specification of component and subsystem technical requirements and coordinates that effort with the other technical disciplines
• Defining the system architecture and design concepts, the preparation of tradeoff analysis and the development and conduct of program test plans and procedures
• Leading peer reviews of Systems Engineering work products and supporting peer reviews of other disciplines work products
• Executing the project system engineering effort within the allotted budget and schedule
• Creating or maintaining project / system systems documentation in order to support either project documentation deliverables or follow-on development efforts across the project.
• Broad digital signal processing algorithm design/integration/test experience
• U.S. Citizenship is required
• Excellent time management skills.
• Excellent skills in proactive and collaborative communications ( internal and external) is required in both written and verbal forms.
• Working knowledge in the following domains: digital and analog radios, SDR, Open Architecture Standards such as CMOSS MORA or VITA, antenna design and multi-element antenna array systems, microwave systems, wireless data systems, data networking, SATCOM, virtual/containerized computing, signal-detection algorithms, embedded computing, and hardware design.
• Working knowledge of integration and test equipment for both lab and field use including, but not limited to: multimeters, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, protocol analyzers, JTAG probes, and oscilloscopes.
• Experience with DOORs, MATLAB, and MBSE Tools (e.g., Dassualt Systems’ MagicDraw) is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of software languages is highly desirable: C, C++, LabVIEW, Python and java are of principal interest.
• A complete understanding of the systems engineering process from systems concept phase through systems test. Must be adept at: Functional Analysis, Requirements Allocation & Traceability, Trade-off Studies, System Synthesis and System Evaluation (Integration & Verification Testing).
• A proven track record of working through customer requirements to technical requirements to product solutions.
• An understanding of Functional and Allocated baselines, in addition to Top-Level and Detailed Level Design approaches.
• A working knowledge of standard system engineering processes including: MIL-STD-499, EIA-632, IEEE 1220 or ISO 15288.
• Experience in model-driven design using SysML and UML is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated history of success with Earned Value Management System (EVMS) projects is highly desirable.
• Demonstrated history of successful contributions to System-of-Systems engineering programs is highly desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics
• A minimum of 6 years of any combination of:
o DoD Systems Engineering experience
o 5 Years Deep and broad RF Systems design/integration/test experience.
• A technically oriented master’s degree is highly desirable.
• Coursework in COMINT, ELINT, Electronic Warfare, Electronic Attack, IO, or Cyber Operations is highly desirable.
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information.
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
6926 Rivers Ave
North Charleston, SC 29406
Phone: (843) 554-5800 x186 or (800) 927-9318 x186
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.