- 204365 - Software Engineer 4
- Colorado Springs
- 6 Months
Chipton-Ross is seeking a Software Engineer 4 for a contract opportunity in Huntsville, AL or Colorado Springs, CO.
Leads activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems. Leads development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system. Develops software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met. Provides technical leadership for software projects and leads software supplier management activities. Leads development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics. Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects. Serves as a subject matter expert for software domains, system-specific issues, processes and regulations. Tracks and evaluates software team and supplier performance to ensure product and process conformance to project plans and industry standards.The candidate must possess the ability to work in a fast paced environment providing coordination of activities within the Development organization. The candidate must be a self starter who is able to initiate research and evaluate new software development tools, processes and procedures.
Works under minimal direction.
This position will support the Software Development Environment (SDE) Team to ensure the C2BMC software development and integration staff has the required tools and processes in place to develop and integrate the C2BMC system. This position''s responsibilities include:
- Implement and maintain an integrated software development environment across the two C2BMC software development sites (Huntsville AL and Colorado Springs CO).
- Perform necessary System Administration functions to support the SDE team and SDE applications.
- Integrate new technology and tools into the C2BMC software development environment.
- Document the configuration and use of the SDE and assist with training and mentoring for the software developers using the toolset.
- Perform periodic upgrades and maintenance on the toolset.
- Work with Configuration Management and Program Operations to manage software licenses for the two development sites.
TECHNICAL SKILL REQUIRED:
The candidate must have substantial expertise in the full life-cycle software engineering practices and procedures applicable to large software systems to include:
- Knowledge of Software Configuration Management, Engineering, and Data Management. Skill Set: ClearCase/ClearQuest, UCM, writing Perl & Unix Scripts, VBasic, ANT, Unix & Windows OS, Crystal Reports. Familiar with Oracle and Java. Preference: Working with Agile Development Methodology
- Recent hands on application development experience in the use of the Java programming language.
- Experience with software unit testing strategies, automated software builds, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience managing a code baseline which supports multiple hardware and software baselines.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures.
- Awareness of emerging technologies and experience with the use and selection of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS).
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms is required.
- Hands on experience with software development and CM tools such as GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Fortify, SonarQube, Eclipse, JIRA, Confluence, and ClearCase.
- Familiarity with Application Hardening and Application STIGs.
BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Experience in the following areas is desired:
- Maintaining and implementing configuration management tools, software migrations, and integration of code. Understanding of software build/package, installs, and branching capabilities for software development applications. Trouble-shooting build and release problems and implements solutions.
- Experience on both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management tools and procedures, software release processes, and automation of builds and deliveries.
- Experience with software development pipeline and continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Experience with Agile methodology, working in an integrated product team environment with other systems, software and specialty engineers.
- Must have Final Secret or higher security Clearance
- Security+ or equivalent/higher certification or ability to obtain prior to start date is desiredv
Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
FULL TIME/FIRST SHIFT
WORK HOURS: : 7:00 AM - 3:30 AM
Applicants responding to this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements by currently possessing the ability to view classified government information. RMT
Employment will be contingent on clearing a drug screen and background check. Both must clear prior to start date.
420 Culver Boulevard
Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Phone: (310) 414-7800 x252 or (800) 927-9318 x252
Candidates responding to this posting must currently possess the eligibility to work in the United States. No third parties please.
Employment will be contingent on candidate clearing pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Chipton-Ross provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State or local law. This policy governs all areas of employment at Chipton-Ross, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, promotions, compensation, benefits, discipline, and terminations.